Friday, June 22, 2007

Flickr?

For all those like me who want to get into photography, but are scared of being technologically inept, maybe we can all learn from my buddies.

My buddy Bill has been taking pictures for a little while, and is very good. Being of an artistic mindset, he really has a keen eye for good pictures. His advice to me about getting into photography is simple: find some free time, get a relatively nice camera ($500-$700), don't eat Mexican food before you go out taking pictures, and just go have fun! Practice makes perfect sometimes, but even an newbie to the scene can snap a good photo every now and then. Bill snaps good photos on a more frequent basis. His pictures are very good, and only getting better. If you want to look at good amateur photography, that rivals some professional photo's I've seen, I suggest you check out his website: (there's even a couple pictures of me playing sax)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bills_eye

You won't be sorry.


Also, my band-mate Brian has started to dabble in photography. You can check his pictures out at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bodhinug

There are some cool shots of trees and things.


Enjoy!


-johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home